Language - English | Thai

Study ABROAD promotions

Receive an email with our current study abroad promotions.


online Application

To obtain more information or to take the first step in lodging an application to study abroad simply complete an online application form and we will be in contact within 48 hours.


Refer A Friend and receive $50

Refer a Friend to Study Flash Image


study abroad news

4-Apr-2013 | Canada pins hope on foreign studentsCANADA: The number of college and university students studying internationally has grown more than fourfold since 1975 — and Canada wants a larger share of that market. Read more...


4-Apr-2013 | Chinese alumni 'contribute $100m' AUSTRALIA: CHINESE alumni of Australian universities continue to bolster the local economy years after graduation, with the majority returning at least once and 20 per cent coming back more than five times over a five-year period. Read more...


30-Mar-2013 | Why Asian Kids Succeed NEW ZEALAND: Have you ever wondered why Asians kids are doing so well in maths and science at schools? Read more...

Read all news



Student Visa requirements

Immigration New Zealand, known as Department of Labour, is the government authority responsible for issuing visas and permits to enter New Zealand. They have branches around the world.


Studying in New Zealand as a visitor

If you’re in New Zealand as a visitor, you can take a single course of study that lasts less than 3 months without needing a student permit. If you want to take more than one course, and/or study for longer than 3 months, you can apply for a student permit while you’re here.


Going to New Zealand to study

If you are outside New Zealand and planning to study full time for more than
3 months you’ll need a student visa and a student permit, unless your home country has a special agreement with New Zealand.


Application requirements

To get a student visa and permit, you have to be enrolled in an approved course at an institution that has been accredited to offer that course.


Your application will need:

  • a recent passport-size photograph
  • payment of a non-refundable application fee
  • an offer of place from an educational institution, which states that you have been accepted by the institution, the name of the course, the minimum time required to complete the course, and whether a course fee must be paid or the student is exempt from the fee (e.g. scholarship students). This will be sent to you by the institution confirming your enrolment
  • evidence of payment of the fee or exemption from the fee (not necessary if your application is being approved in principle)
  • a written guarantee from an institution or person that suitable accommodation is available to you in New Zealand
  • evidence of sufficient funds to live on while you are studying
  • a return air ticket to your country, or evidence of sufficient funds to buy one. 

    Valid passport

    If your application is approved, your passport must be valid for 3 months after your planned date of departure from New Zealand.


    Medical checks

    For courses longer than 24 months, you'll also need to provide medical and x-ray certificates that are less than 3 months old. If you’re over 17, you’ll need a police certificate to show that you are of good character.


    Screening for tuberculosis

    People applying for student visas or permits who intend spending more than 6 months in New Zealand must be screened for tuberculosis (TB) if they:

  • have NOT previously provided a full medical screening test to the Immigration New Zealand, and
  • do NOT hold a passport from any of the identified low TB risk countries (see below), or
  • have spent (lived and/or visited) a combined total of 3 months or more (in the 5 years before applying) in a country/countries NOT identified as a low TB risk country (see below).
  • For example, if you hold a UK passport and, at any time in the 5 years before applying, you spent 5 weeks in Thailand and 7 weeks in Fiji, you will need to have a TB screening examination. This does not apply to pregnant women and children under the age of 12.


    What you should do

  • Make an appointment to see a doctor to request a referral to a radiologist for a chest X-ray.
  • Ensure you take the Temporary Entry X-ray Certificate (NZIS Form 1096) with you to the radiologist.
  • When you submit your application form, attach the completed Temporary Entry X-ray Certificate and your chest X-ray plate.




    Note: The above information taken from is current at the time it was sourced in October 2010. While all attempts will be made to ensure this information is up to date no guarantee can be given that the information will be current at the time it is viewed. Please visit in order to confirm the information is current or contact us to receive information and assistance relating to study abroad in New Zealand.